Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A Tech Conference in Manchester? Of course!

  • 9:30 am - the board was full of ideas
  • 1 pm - the great airplane challenge had found a winner 
  • 4 pm - we were full of ideas, a bit tired but wished everyday could be Barcamp 

On Saturday November 9, Barcamp Manchester hosted its 7th annual conference. The folks at Dyn HQ were gracious enough to let the conference use its beatiful space so local technology folks could come and share ideas, unconference-style. 

It was my second Barcamp and feeling more comfortable I chatted with lots of folks: developers, makers, product owners, designers, gamers, etc. I attended sessions on Arduino/Raspberry Pi (for my upcoming Makers in Manchester project), Easter Eggs, Women in Tech (local edition) and Sketchnote. Not surprisingly, I've come away excited about potential projects.

Thanks so much to the Barcamp volunteers, sponsors and attendees for a great conference.












No comments:

Post a Comment